2K Clear Coat Matt SprayMax aerosol
2K Clear Coat Matt SprayMax aerosol provides a matte paint appearance and is extremely scratch resistant. SprayMax 2K Matte Clear Coat aerosol is thanks to the 2-components resistant to chemicals, thinner, is gasoline resistant and resistant to extreme weather conditions. This 2K SprayMAx aerosol clear coat matt has a high-quality High Solid quality with a high solids content. This provides exceptional coverage and incredible depth and clarity.
SprayMax 2K Matte Clear Coat aerosol
SprayMax 2K Matte Clear Coat aerosol is of high quality and comes in a professional SprayMax aerosol can. The 2K matte clear coat spray can of SprayMax has a fantastic atomization which guarantees a professional end result. Thanks to this professional SprayMax technology, you will spray the same quality as with a paint spray gun in a spray booth! So do not hesitate any longer and spray your car, motorcycle, scooter or other vehicle yourself with this professional 2K clear coat spray can.
Matte 2K Clear Coat over 1K base coat
Matte 2K Clear Coat SprayMax aerosol is the best clear varnish matt in spray that can be sprayed over a 1K base-coat. This clear coat matt can be sprayed over water-based as well as conventional base coats. Thanks to the matting, this clear varnish will give your color paint a tough matte look with the best protection against gasoline, scratches, UV radiation and chemicals.
Characteristics SprayMax 2K Clear Coat Matt
SprayMax 2K Clear Coat Matt has many advantages and rock solid properties. We would like to list the advantages of this 2-component spray can for you:
- Matt look - matt is really matt
- Equipped with an adjustable SprayMax flat spray valve for a professional spray pattern.
- High quality, professional (acrylic) automotive paint
- Superior gasoline and acid resistance
- Extremely wear and scratch resistant
- No color deviation
- Also suitable for use at higher temperatures
- Excellent flow and filling
- Completely transparent and does not yellow
- The lacquer is greasy to apply, even on standing parts
- Due to the hard surface easy to sand
- Can be used for spot repairs as well as spraying entire parts
- Universally applicable to all 1K and 2K lacquers and also suitable for water-based lacquers
- After activation the 2K aerosol can has a shelf life of 24 hours
How do I use the 2K aerosol matte clear coat?
Using a 2-component aerosol clear coat works differently than standard 1K aerosols. As the name suggests, this spray can has two different components; namely the clearcoat and the hardener, which are still separate from each other. To properly mix the two components together and benefit from the great features of this spray can, you need to perform the following steps correctly.
- Shake the aerosol can well for 2 minutes.
- Remove the red push button from the cap on top of the spray can and place it straight (!) on the pin at the bottom of the can.
- Then press it firmly and shake the aerosol can again for two minutes so that both components can mix and the hardening process is started.
- After mixing the two components, the prepared two-pack clear coat must be sprayed within 24 hours. Depending on environmental factors (temperature), this may also be longer or shorter. Tip: You can extend the life of the spray can by storing it in the refrigerator immediately after use. However, this can lead to loss of quality for which we do not guarantee.
- Expiry date: 36 months (not activated). The indication of ultimate shelf life is based on an unused aerosol can with proper storage between 15-25° C and a relative humidity of no more than 60%. The spray can should be stored and transported upright, dry and protected from chemical and mechanical influences. Safety instructions on the spray can as well as all legal provisions for storage must be observed.
Application conditions of this matt two-pack varnish
Spraying a matte clearcoat requires more attention than spraying a high gloss clearcoat. To give your color lacquer a true matte look, the clear coat should be sprayed in thin layers. We prefer to spray several thin layers of matte clearcoat, rather than fewer and thicker layers. The thicker you spray the matte clear coat, the more it will shine. The thinner you spray the matte clear coat in multiple layers, the more matte the clear coat becomes. Which is, after all, what you want!
- Can already be sprayed 10 minutes after the basecoat
- Spraying distance: 10 to 15 cm
- Number of layers: 1 to 2
- Evaporation time between layers: 10 to 15 minutes
Drying times of the spray can 2-component clearcoat matt
The drying of the SprayMax 2-component matt clear coat strongly depends on many factors. Think of the object temperature, ambient temperature, humidity, the layer thickness sprayed, etc. This makes it difficult to indicate how long it will take for your sprayed surface to dry and cure. However, we would like to help you and give you some guidelines so that you know what to take into account.
- Dust dry: approximately 15 minutes at 20ºC
- Can be handled: approx. 80 minutes at 20ºC
- Full dry through: 12 hours at 20ºC
- Complete through drying: 35-40 minutes at 60ºC object temperature
- IR-curing: Allowed
Processing time of this clear coat aerosol
Spraying this 2-component clear coat should be done at standard "room temperatures" (15 to 20 degrees Celsius). We advise against spraying at extreme high or low temperatures at all times. After all, this can lead to loss of quality and the lacquer curing too quickly or slowly.
How much can I do with a can of 2-component clearcoat?
This depends greatly on a number of factors. These include the substrate, layer thickness, spraying technique, etc. However, we would like to help you and give you some guidelines so that you know what to take into account.
- 400ml: approx. 0.5 - 0.75 m² per spray can (at approx. 30-50 µm dry film thickness)
Best clear coat everI've never came across a clear coat in a spray bottle that is that durable and yet so simple to use!
It sprays very nice and even. I sprayed my whole motorcycle with it and so far no scratches are seen. Oh! And CROP has the best price as well!
I recommend this to every DIY- builder of all sorts! Thanks CROP!